Recap of Goldbelt's 50th Anniversary Event
Goldbelt extends heartfelt gratitude to all our cherished shareholders and esteemed community partners who were present at our 50th-anniversary event. For those who couldn't join us in person, we hope you had the chance to partake in the festivities online.
Here's a recap of the event:
- Our President and CEO, McHugh Pierre, and the Goldbelt Board of Directors welcomed guests.
- Our esteemed guest speaker, Emil Notti gave an overview on his reasoning and how his tie-breaking vote to include southeast in ANCSA occurred.
- The late Ray Peck and the late Jim Marks, the talented totem pole carvers, were recognized with heartfelt thanks extended to their families.
- The totem poles' meaning and clan's stories were shared to provide a deeper understanding of the totem poles' history.
- A symbolic display of unity was brought to life as the Goldbelt management team presented Tlingit button vests to our board members.
- Juneau's TCLL students and staff performed and invited the board of directors to dance their new vests to life.
- President and CEO McHugh Pierre shared an exciting glimpse of the upcoming events and tools that Goldbelt will leverage into the next 50 years to uplift our people and invited past board of directors to share their thoughts on the 50th.
- Guests were invited to enjoy hor'Duerves and explore our new building.
We look forward to continuing our celebrations for the 50th year and beyond as we embark on a bright and promising future with our Goldbelt community. Thank you for being part of this incredible journey.
If you could not watch the event, the event recording has been uploaded in the Livestream Recording section of MyGoldbelt.